|Intern - Laboratory Analyst|
The Laboratory Analyst Intern will provide support to the laboratory team in the analysis of samples.
1. Supporting staff in performing test methods following laboratory systems of operation, current
Good Laboratory Practices (cGLPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) as well as
current and approved laboratory operating procedures (OPs) and work instructions (WIs).
2. Performs laboratory assays, microbiological, physical and analytical testing as designated.
3. Reconciles all samples and maintains chain-of-custody documentation according to MTF
4. Ensures test methods are performed within sample hold times.
5. Responsible for monitoring temperatures of laboratory incubators, freezers, refrigerators, water
baths, ovens, etc.
6. Maintains proficiency and certification for all test methods that training has been completed.
7. Performs data entry functions using the LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), and the MTF email system as assigned.
8. Responsible for the cleaning and removal of biohazard waste and inventory within the
9. Performs additional duties as assigned and trained.
Must be currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year regionally or nationally accredited college or university.
Student must be a continuing student through the fall of 2019 at a minimum.
Graduating College/University Seniors are not eligible unless they are enrolled in a graduate program.
Students must be able to work 7:30am-3:30pm EST, Monday-Friday
The program is expected to run from 06/04/2018-08/17/2018; students should be available during this entire 10 week period.
Students may be immediate family members of employees of MTF, but it is not required.
Internship positions will be filled based upon company need and student skill set/education.
Job Qualifications (education, certification, experience, knowledge, skills, physical requirements)