Support Professionals, under supervision, perform work involving the care and treatment of clients providing a positive supportive influence while adhering to program rules and expectations.
As required by contract - Female applicants only. Monday - Friday 7am -1130am or 3:45pm-8pm. Weekends & Holidays 7:15am -Noon
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Dependent upon contractual requirements, this position may require graduation from high school, HSED, or GED equivalency. This position may require one (1) year of work experience, preferably involving care or supervision of client. Training from a recognized college or university with several courses in social work, psychology, sociology, or a closely related field may substitute for the work experience. Addictions or correctional experience is preferred and may be required. Other knowledge and abilities require:
* Working knowledge of the program and safety within the program.
* Working knowledge of addiction, recovery, and correctional clients
* Working knowledge of the rules, regulations, and policies governing the delivery of services.
* Working knowledge of behavior, inter-personal relations, social interaction and addictions and corrections.
* Ability to serve as a positive role model for clients and provide effective direction and supervision.
* Ability to detect and recognize potentially hazardous situations and take immediate and appropriate action.
* May require 1 - 3 years of experience working with correctional or addictions clients, depending on program and contractual obligations.
* Reading, writing, math skills, problem solving, ability to accept/follow through with direction, recognize boundaries, creative team member who can suggest and implement strategies to enhance the service, patience, self-control and flexibility.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Must have a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
* First Aid training, and CPR Certificate (when required) preferred but may be obtained after hire.
TRAVEL: In the course of the work day, the employee may be traveling to a variety of locations. Some overnight travel may be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
High School Diploma/ GED or better.
1 year: Experience working with clients
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.